Monday, April 20, 2009

I just got back from speaking to the Rebsamen Trust Portfolio Management class, the Sam Walton College of Business's student managed equity fund. It so happened that the current students were also interviewing applicants for next year's class tonight, and I got to flex some alumni muscle and interview a few of the candidates. While a little disappointed in myself for being so easy on them, I did get some interesting results from the one question I asked all 13 of the students I interviewed: When will the recession end?

The results: 12 of 13 were self-described "negative" on the economy, with end of recession predictions ranging from first half 2010 to "if it recovers."

The lone bull's opinion: "Second half of 2009. I just think President Obama is going to restore hope in consumers with all his plans and that's going to turn the economy around."

No comments:

Post a Comment